Zlatka Kozhuharova was born on September 7, 1932 in Sofia, Bulgaria.
She graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts in Sofia, with a major in sculpture. Later, she specialized in mural and icons restoration, and she became one of the best in the world.
For many years she was the head of the Studio of Restoration at the National Institute of Historic Monuments of Bulgarian Culture. Between the years 1968-1975, under her leadership and with her participation, the restoration of the murals and icons of the historical Rila Monastery was fully completed.
During the period 1984-1988, she was an associate professor at the Academy of Fine Arts in Sofia and guest teacher in the Center for Education and Culture, in Geras, Austria.
Zlatka Kozhuharova was a distinguished artist. Her work was recognized in many countries around the world and has been exhibited in numerous galleries in Bulgaria, Germany, Austria, Greece, and Switzerland. Many of her artworks are owned by private collectors in Bulgaria, Germany, Greece, Netherland, Austria, Sweden, Switzerland and USA.
October 4, 1998 was a wonderful sunny and bright Sunday. As she was having her afternoon cup of coffee, accompanied always with her cigarette, and enjoying her last artwork, the icon, “The Holy Mother Tenderness,” Zlatka went to heaven peacefully.
Wladimir Zlatkov was born on August 14, 1947 in Kocherinovo, Bulgaria - a small hamlet, not far from the famous Rila Monastery, where he made his first attempts at woodcarving.
In 1970 Wladimir Zlatkov was admitted as a lay brother in the monastery. Following a recommendation by the Father Superior, Kalinik, he was awarded a grant to study at the
Academy of Fine Arts in Sofia; he graduated with a major in woodcarving cum laude in 1981. Zlatkov opened his first exhibition in 1982 in Vienna, Austria.
During the period 1984-1996, he was an associate professor in the Center for Education and Culture, in Geras, Austria. In 1998 he moved to Vienna and worked as a free lance woodcarver there. In Vienna he was captivated by the Secession style - the Austrian variant of the Jugendstil, and was inspired by it in his art.
Since 1991 Wladimir Zlatkov, a distinguished artist by then, has lived with his wife and two children in Höxter, Germany. He maintains intensive contact with his homeland and has been constantly commissioned artwork by ecclesiastical institutions and private individuals.
The work of Wladimir Zlatkov has been exhibited in numerous galleries in:
Bulgaria (Sofia, Gabrovo, Plovdiv, Varna, Sozopol, Stara Zagora)
Austria (Vienna, Belvedere Palace in Stockerau, Graz, Mistelbach, Geras)
Many of his artworks are owned by private collectors in Bulgaria, Germany, Greece, Netherland, Austria, Sweden, Switzerland and USA.
Milcho Timov was born on May 11, 1953 in Veliko Turnovo, Bulgaria. He studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Sofia and graduated with a major in woodcarving in 1981.
Milcho is married and has one daughter. His family is truly a family of artists. His wife Iveta Timova is a distinguished artist. His daughter is following in her parents’ footsteps; she is a painter as well.
For many years, Milcho was an associate professor of woodcarving and sculpture at a High School of Craftsmanship in the city of Triavna. Since 1984 he has been working as a free- lance woodcarver and painter.
Some of his work is displayed in the Bulgarian embassies in Berlin and Teheran. He and his wife, one of the best mural and icon painters, have painted the murals for churches at the monasteries, St. Forty Martyrs and The Holy Trinity, near their home town of Veliko Turnovo.
The work of Milcho Timov has been exhibited in numerous galleries. Many of his artworks are owned by private collectors in Bulgaria, Turkey, Germany, Greece, France, Italy and USA. Unfortunately, Milcho passed away suddenly December of 2014.
Antoniya Yankova was born on 21th of November 1972 in Sofia Bulgaria.
Graduated from the Specialized High School of Performing Arts, major "Artist executive". Then, Antoniya graduated from the National Arts Academy, mastered in "Conservation and Restoration" under Prof. Grigory Grigorov.
She works in the fields of icon-painting, mural painting, conservation and restoration.
Icons of hers are owned by private persons and officials in Bulgaria, Greece, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, England and USA.
Teodora Stefanova was born on August 31, 1955 in Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria.
In 1976 she completed Interior Design degree in Sofia and graduated with a major in Store Designer.
Designing shop window displays, glass-case displays or show case displays could not keep her from her passion of painting.
Her talent and work made her an established iconographer, and in 1980 she became a member of the Board of the Union of the Bulgarian Artists with an emphasis on religious icons painting.
Teodora’s inspiration also comes from the environment surrounding her. Her husband, Nicola Stefanov is an established artist himself. She works conveniently in a large studio attached to her apartment. During the summertime she enjoys painting on her patio with a gorgeous view over the city of Sofia.
Teodora created a signature of her unique miniatures, single, double-sided, triple-sided (Triptych) or regular orthodox icons. Her work is recognized and welcomed in art galleries not only throughout Bulgaria, but also abroad.